Rava - 2 cups
Yogurt - 2 cups
Water as needed
Salt - as per taste
Oil - 2 tbsp + greasing idli mould
Mustard seeds - 2 tsp
Urad dal - 1tsp
Chana dal - 2tsp
Asafoetida- 1/8 tsp
Grated ginger - 1 tbsp
Chopped Green Chili - 1 tbsp
Grated Carrot - 1 big
Chopped Curry leaves - 2 tbsp
Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
Baking Soda - 2 big pinch
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When seeds started popping, add asafoetida.
- Add urad dal and channa dal.
- Add ginger and chili.
- Add rava and fry until it turns light brown.
- Remove from the stove and let the rava cool.
- In a large mixing bowl mix rava, carrot, curry leaves, coriander leaves, yogurt, salt and baking soda.
- Cover and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Grease the idli moulds.
- Prepare the idli cooker with adding water into that.
- Pour little idli batter in idli plate.
- Now add Bellpepper and tomato chutney.
- Cover the chutney with idli batter.
- When water in the cooker start boiling, place the idli mould in the cooker.
- Place the lid.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This goes to LGSS _ Tomato started by me and hosted by Anu
and Potluck Party