This is another new wonderful year and one of most beloved festivals, Holi is here again. This festival is usually celebrated in March and to welcome the spring. Hence it is also called as Basanta-Utsav ("spring festival").
Holi is celebrated for two days. First day, which is known as Chhoti Holi (little Holi), Holika Dahan (bon fire) is performed to commemorate miraculous escape of Prahlad (a ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu), when demoness Holika tried to killed him. On second day, known as Dhulandi, people throw gulal (colored powder), colorful water on one other and there is riots of colors everywhere. Of course, since it is one of main Indian festival, it cannot be completed without wide varieties of foods. Gujiya (a sweet dish) is main attraction of the food, which is relished by all on this day. Hence I thought, why not start a new event to celebrate this festival in its full rhythm. So friends, let’s participate with full zeal in this splash of joy and colorful festival of Holi!
Guidelines for Celebrating Holi Event
- Send entry for any dish traditionally prepared at your place to celebrate the Holi be it sweets, savoury snacks, curry, parathas etc. In case, you want to send something non-traditional, don’t be shy; feel free to send that too. It should be vegeterain, eggs are not allowed.
- Since it is festival of colors and we want to fill our lives with colors of Love, colors of life, colors of joy and so on. So try to make your dish as colorful as possible.
- The last date of sending entries for Holi Aayi Re is
20th March 201130th March 2011.
- Bloggers need to add a link back to this event announcement. I would be glad if you can include the Vibrant and Colourful Holi logo.
- There are no restrictions on the number of entries.
- If possible, please refer at least couple of your fellow bloggers/ friends and encourage them to participate. This way, we can augment the size of our virtual feast and you will win a special Thank You Award.
- Do your entries sooner so the referred folks can participate too!
- Send in your entries at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Holi Aayi Re” along with the below mentioned information:
Picture of the Dish:
- Non Bloggers need not to get upset. Email your recipe along with the picture. We will post it on your behalf and include it in the round up.
- Old posts are accepted, provided they are republished by linking back this event announcement along with the logo.