Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Choco Rolls




C
hco Rolls are very easy to make and irresistible to eat. When I saw them first time while googling, I was sure to try them. I followed the recipe of Mane Adige. My daughter, Ishani was happy to assist me in the kitchen to make her favorite chocolate dish.



Ingredients
For outer layer
Marie biscuits - 1/2 packet
Coco powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Milk - around 1/2 cup

For inner layer

Dessicated Coconut - 1/4 cup
Powder Green cardamom - a big pinch
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Butter - 2-3 tbsp


Method
Make the powder of the biscuits in the blender. Add coco powder and sugar. Add milk one tbsp at a time and knead the dough like chapati dough.
In another mixing bowl mix all the ingredients listed under inner layer. That should make sticky dough.
Divide the chocolate dough in two parts. Take a part and roll it like a thick chapati. Spread half of the coconut mixture on that. Roll it to form a cylinder shape. Do the same with the rest of the mixture. Wrap it into the aluminium foil and place it in the fridge for 30 mins. Take out from the fridge and cut into half inch wide pieces. Serve in chilled.

29 comments:

  1. I too have a 5 yr old and a soon to be 2 yr old :) Nice to see your blog and these chocolate rolls remind me of my school days... used to have it often then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious little treats! Glad to hear you n your little one had fun time in the kitchen :)
    US Masala is hosting a giveaway. Do check it out here

    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, looks so delicious n yummy, very tempting one..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quick and delicious...A sure hit with kids...Hey your kids name is similar to my sons name....Remove last I..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect snack for kids and adults too,looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That surely looks so yummy and is easy to make too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looks rolls. Nice recipe. Perfect!!!YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty and cute looking choco rolls,feel like having some..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious looking rolls and not at all difficult to make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, I was waiting to see this recipe on some blog soon...this is what we used to do to make Jam Rolls at home n childhood...u r getting me nostalgic!
    I loved your choco rolls!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Choco rolls are delcious, it's really a drool worthy recipe.

    First time here, lovely blog,glad to follow you. By the way you have a wonderful name. Do stop by mine when you are free.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They sure are yummy,beautiful..
    You have a wonderful space,happy following u:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I make them quite often. they looks delicous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, you make it sound so simple, love how neatly they have come out :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look nice and easy :-).

    Ciao
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yummy, delicious and even so simple 2 make..love it..:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment.
    I liked your blog very much. Choco roll looks yummy and tempting. Wonderful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Delicious rolls,looks so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome place... Very tasty looking roll:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simply delcious.. Lovely Rolls..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Vatsala, thanks for visiting my space and your lovely comments. You too have a great blog going here. These no baking choco rolls are extremely simple to make and looks irresistible. Bookmarked.

    Glad to be following you too. I shall try to participate in your LGSS event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks very nice and Sounds Simple Recipe, I should give it a try soon for my little ones. Thanks for Sharing!!!

    -Mythreyi
    Yum! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those rolls look lovely..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...