Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Gond ki Panjeeri

T


oday I'm posting Gond Panjeeri which is a must to make on Janmashtami in north India. Gond is normally prepared for nursing mother as it is supposed to help in lactation. In my opinion this is made on Janmashtami in the memory of Krishna's mother. This recipe is loaded with nuts and calories. This is a recipe given to me by my dear ma.


Ingredients
Gond/edible gum - 2-3 tbsp
Fresh grated coconut - 1/2 cup firmly packed
Almonds - 1/2 cup
Water melon seeds - 1/3 cup
Sugar - 1 3/4 cup
Water - 1 1/4 cups
Green cardamom seeds powder - 1 tsp


Method

  • Grease the tray and keep aside.
  • My mom fry gond in ghee, I prefer to roast in microwave. Take microwave safe plate and sprinkle the gond in it.
  • Keep the plate in microwave for approx 2 minutes.
  • After every 30 sec stir the gond.
  • It will fluff and become almost transparent when it is done. Take care as it burn fast.
  • Dry roast the seeds.
  • Chop the almonds and dry roast them.
  • Roast the freshly roast coconut.
  • Take a pan and add water, sugar and cardamom powder and cook it reaches one string consistency.
  • Turn off the heat and mix all the dry fruits in it and transfer quickly to the greased tray.
  • Let it cool and cut into square or diamond shape pieces.
  • Store it in a airtight box.

This platter goes to FSF- Janmashtani and Ganesh Chaturthi 
orignali started by Sonia

Dinner Recipes from Sonia's Kitchen



5 comments:

  1. wow Vatsala that looks great, I have never had this one before, sounds delicious and healthy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh..this is new sweet to me...learning more new delicious recipes from u dear :) nutty burfi looks simply delicious ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks fabulous and flavorful..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sounding so good. Gond is something I have not heard of. Will I get this in Mumbai. I am planning to visit India very soon, so I'll bring this. Great recipe indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious. We make ladoos somewhat similar. Will ask my sis.



    Do check out my event and send me your entries.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...